Farber Group is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
As an affiliate of Farber Group, Farber Tax Law (“FTL”), offers tax dispute and litigation services to both corporate and personal taxpayers across Canada. For more information, please visit us at Farber Tax Law
Making business work better, together. ™
We are seeking a highly motivated junior lawyer to join our team as a Tax Litigation Associate. Successful applicants will join a busy and entrepreneurial tax disputes and litigation practice, with an opportunity to play a support role in a small but growing corporate tax practice.
Tax is a specialized and intellectually demanding field. Successful candidates possess a strong demonstrated interest in tax law and have the critical thinking skills to resolve complex tax problems, along with the professionalism, practicality and maturity required to provide exceptional client service.
Skills and Experience
- Assisting clients in responding to federal and provincial audits
- Preparing notices of objection and written representations to the Canada Revenue Agency
- Representing clients in litigation before the Tax Court of Canada and the Federal Court
- Preparing voluntary disclosures and taxpayer relief applications
- Advising clients in respect of tax issues outside of dispute context, including in relation to corporate reorganizations
- Managing and growing client relationships
Education and Qualifications
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Superior interpersonal skills with analytical problem-solving abilities
- Dedication to outstanding client service
- Detail-oriented, with a team player mentality
- Strong prioritization, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Professional demeanor
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- 1-2 years of tax litigation and controversy experience
- Current membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit applications to email@example.com
. Please ensure that your application includes all of the following as a combined single
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Cover letter;
- Law school transcripts;
- Reference letters (if any); and
- Writing sample (preferably tax related).