Farber Group is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
As an affiliate of Farber Group, Farber Tax Law (“FTL”), offers tax litigation services to both corporate and personal taxpayers across Canada. For more information, please visit us at https://taxlaw.farbertax.com/
Making business work better, together. ™
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant
to join our Farber Tax Law team as a permanent, full-time employee. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced and rewarding team environment.
This role will be based at our Sheppard office in North York for in-person work, all PPE and COVID-19 policies are in place as the Firm is following all the necessary guidelines and protocols as set out by Toronto Public Health.
Skills and Knowledge
- Document management, including printing, scanning and saving correspondence, filing, etc.
- Assisting with preparing outgoing correspondence and gathering necessary enclosures, etc.
- Assisting with monthly billing process
- Recording and maintaining disbursements
- Providing assistance to lawyers as need and where required
- Liaising with paralegals, lawyers and clients regarding file progress
- Providing overflow assistance and other general administrative duties as required
Education and Experience
- A strong orientation to delivering a superior standard of service
- Good technical skills including Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize workload in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a contributing member in a team environment
- Proven ability to take initiative as well as follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines
- Positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Completion of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant or Law Clerk program
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 1+ years of experience in a clerical or administrative capacity, would be considered an asset