Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Calgary and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together™
We are looking for an IT Help Desk Analyst to join our team. The individual in this role provides technical assistance to all staff with their day-to-day support needs as well as support IT special projects/upgrades and provide on-going system administration.
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact for application support requests and technical issues.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional services environment, working with a range of personalities and responsibilities from junior staff to senior executives.
- Interact with users via telephone, remote support tools, and direct desk-side assistance.
- Provide technical and functional support to internal users for hardware and software requests such as: operating systems, standard desktop applications and web applications.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional services environment.
- Assist internal users with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as virus removal, password resets, email setup, software installation, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending requests using the Manage Engine Service Desk Plus ticketing system.
- Responsible for time management and resource management to resolve all user requests effectively, and appropriately.
- Follow policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation.
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical requests to IT Manager.
- Deploy, manage, and support mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.) throughout the environment.
- Coordinate with and assist the infrastructure team with core infrastructure issues.
- Support the infrastructure team and perform preventative maintenance on critical systems.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- University Degree or College Diploma
- A+ certification is a must
- 1–2 years of experience in Help Desk Support, Technical Support and/or other IT roles
- Experience in IS/IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering is an asset
- Network+ certification is an asset
- Must own a vehicle as potential traveling to other Ontario offices may be required