Farber Group is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
As an affiliate of Farber Group, Farber Tax Law (“FTL”), offers tax litigation services to both corporate and personal taxpayers across Canada. For more information, please visit us at https://taxlaw.farbertax.com/
Making business work better, together. ™
We are looking for a reliable Junior Financial Analyst to join our team! Your primary responsibilities will be; Becoming proficient in our business software systems as a super user so that you can support other users on an ongoing basis; ensuring system compliance by all users so that data is accurate and complete; working with managers on process improvement and the management of the entire billing cycle.
In your role as the Junior Financial Analyst with Farber Tax Law, you will also be working closely with the director and our lawyers to ensure the effective and efficient running of our administration and accounting processes, in order to provide the highest level of client service.
Billing cycle project management
- Coordinating with team members to ensure accuracy and completion of time records
- Identify and managing potential risks of project
- Monthly retainer top-ups
- Cash Collection
- Related banking functions
- Matter management and closing procedures
What You Will Bring to the Team
Experience and Qualifications
- Compliance for data integrity: Ongoing validation of data both from a qualitative and completeness point of view and taking corrective action where required
- Generation of data for business managers and where applicable analysis of that data
- Become the business unit expert on the various systems listed below that support our business
- Training will be provided on each of these operating systems
- Curo: Law practice management software; you will become a Subject matter expert (SME)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Based on becoming a SME, will provide day-to-day user support to all staff as the super user
- You have 2+ years of experience with accounting, reporting and systems
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. macros/ VBA, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, arrays, match/ offset, etc.), an advanced working knowledge of Google Sheets, and an aptitude working with large volumes of data.
- You are proficient at working with CRM and TMS and technically agile
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI (or similar data visualization tool).
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, and Intermediate Excel) is required.
- You have an analytical and methodical mindset, with proven ability to generate meaningful insights from data and the ability to anticipate needs and implement solutions before an issue arises.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to speak, write, and otherwise communicate complex issues and data clearly and effectively.
- You are able to work autonomously, with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- You are comfortable within an unstructured environment, proficient at prioritizing competing demands.
- Demonstrated time management skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.