Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Alberta, and BC, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better together.™
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and client service orientated Facilities Coordinator to join us based in our Sheppard office. Working with the Senior Facilities Coordinator, the Facilities Coordinator will be responsible to maintain our existing 70+ office locations and participate in the co-ordination, reconfiguration and set up of new office locations.
- Report to the Senior Facilities Coordinator and work together to collectively maintain services to address building maintenance issues for our 70+ locations as required (i.e., lighting, heating, ac, cleaning, freight elevator booking for shipping / receiving after hours, washroom supplies and functionality).
- Monitor and resolve meeting “Tickets” raised by employees.
- Source out suppliers and obtain price quotes for comparisons.
- Order and maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies for all locations; maintain price monitoring and comparisons.
- Responsible for liaising with all trades, external contractors or consultants, and other personnel as needed, as well as being on-site to supervise relocations or projects.
- Assist in the research of new locations and solicit potential landlords as needed.
- Order business cards as required, and book staff photoshoots.
- Work with Senior Facilities Coordinator and outside service providers to ensure full functionality and service of office equipment (water cooler, coffee service/machines, etc.) for all locations.
- Organize internal events planning and execution. This includes gathering information to achieve quality event productions, coordinating event RSVPs, party favours, signage, nametags, organizing social committee calendar of events, and overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Maintain various management reports, e.g. Lease Action Dates, insurance and regulatory body compliance.
- Maintain Facilities MS Teams and SharePoint site for updates, policies, and similar.
- Staff notifications and reminders regarding facilities updates and notices.
- Coordinate key senior management internal and external meetings, including venue, audio visual and catering.
- Participate in internal health and safety committee as needed.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferred but not required
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Minimum 2 years of previous facilities/office Coordinator experience preferred
- Knowledge of facilities or office operations
- Excellent time management skills and capacity to take direction
- Ability to manage and lead change and escalate issues as required
- Strong attention to detail, with a high organizational skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- MS Office proficiency required (Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- SharePoint experience an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to leverage organizational skills, problem solving, and creative thinking to manage day-to-day facilities issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a car and a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to satellite offices as required