Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy experts operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Calgary and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
If you are a creative learning professional, with a knack for detail, and wanting to make an impact on the employee experience, this may be the role for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity with a newly established Talent Development team at a successful company that is continually growing. Working at Farber, there is never a dull moment, there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of! Our culture is unique. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
The Talent Development Specialist
will support the talent development function for both Consumer and Corporate lines of business. Additionally, you will support special projects, lead in the administration and organization of programs, support the delivery and coordination of various internal programs, as well as ensuring alignment and execution of learning strategies to meet department objectives.
This position will work closely with the Talent Development Manager and Subject Matter Experts. As a natural relationship builder, this position will encourage an engaging environment of collaboration and professional development.
At the moment, this role will be performed remotely. However, as the COVID-19 situation improves, we will transition into a hybrid model.
- Delivering group and individual instruction and training covering a range of technical, operational, and interpersonal areas.
- Developing training curricula and/or research and recommend vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives.
- Formulating training outlines and determines instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Developing training aids, including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Coordinating or performing administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.
- Evaluating effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizing relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Assisting in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals, teams, and business units.
- Reviewing SME facilitated performance and recommended improvements to program content and/or presentation methods; recruitment, selection, and training of SME instructors may be required.
- Working closely with Talent Development Manger on various Initiatives.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of University or College degree in Business Administration, Human Resources and/or Adult Learning.
- Completed or working towards Performance and Learning Designation (i.e. CTP, CTDP) or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of business units.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Meticulous planning, organizing, and coordinating skills.
- Proven experience with designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and initiatives.
- Ability to create strong relationships with business partners.
- Ability to determine training objectives.
- Previous experience with design, implementation, and facilitation of technical, operational, and/or specialty training events and programs.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.