Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy experts operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Calgary and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
We are currently seeking a Manager, Restructuring to join our Corporate Insolvency & Restructuring Practice at our Downtown Toronto office.
• Manager in the corporate insolvency and restructuring practice
• BIA proceedings, including proposals to creditors and commercial bankruptcies
• Acting for stakeholders in Companies Creditors’ Arrangement Act (“CCAA”) proceedings, including as Court appointed Monitor
• Court and private appointment receiverships and viability assessments.
• Providing restructuring financial as well as operational assistance to troubled enterprises and their stakeholders
• Debt restructuring/refinancing and liquidity management
• Asset management and disposition
• Turnaround Management, Chief Restructuring Officer retainers
• 5 years minimum of experience in an insolvency practice required
• Enrollment in the Licensed Insolvency Trustee’s program or a willingness to enroll in the program
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance or Accounting
• Self-starter and a multi-tasker with demonstrated focus on setting priorities
• Ability to empathize with the client’s situation while offering professional advice and focusing on client satisfaction
• Effective interpersonal skills to motivate and mentor staff as well as facilitate positive outcomes for business promotional efforts
• Strong financial analytical and financial modelling skills
• Strong and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented, logical; ability to navigate through issues and provide effective solutions
• Previous work experience in corporate insolvency and working on restructuring files is an asset
• Other professional designation(s) would be an asset
• Valid Ontario driver license and a reliable and insured vehicle
• Willing to travel to all satellite offices and on occasion, service locations to cover other LITs
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
• hybrid work arrangements
• vacation days based on experience and years of service
• wellness days
• extended health and dental coverage
• life insurance
• long-term disability
• employee contributed retirement savings plan option
• financial support for professional development
• employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
• exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
• if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.