One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking an Insolvency Counsellor to join our team on a remote basis! The ideal candidate for this role will need to be a Registered BIA Counsellor with the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and have experience in administering counselling. In this role, you will work from your home, if in-person sessions are required will also support our team in the surrounding areas.
- Administer first and second counselling sessions to clients as required by the BIA
- Assess debtors’ budget plans and financial goals
- Deliver an excellent and empathetic experience for the debtors
- Complete counselling sessions by telephone, video and in person when required
- Travel to other offices to meet with clients, if required
- Being a registered BIA Counsellor
- College diploma in Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to relate with clients and liaise with team members
- Strong attention to detail
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs and previous experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to compose various documents and speak effectively with clients, staff, and other third parties
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.