Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy experts operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Calgary and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
We are looking for an IT Help Desk Analyst to join our team. The individual in this role provides technical assistance to all staff with their day-to-day support needs as well as support IT special projects/upgrades and provide on-going system administration.
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact for application support requests and technical issues.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional services environment, working with a range of personalities and responsibilities from junior staff to senior executives.
- Interact with users via telephone, remote support tools, and direct desk-side assistance.
- Provide technical and functional support to internal users for hardware and software requests such as: operating systems, standard desktop applications and web applications.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional services environment.
- Assist internal users with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as virus removal, password resets, email setup, software installation, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending requests using the Manage Engine Service Desk Plus ticketing system.
- Responsible for time management and resource management to resolve all user requests effectively, and appropriately.
- Follow policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation.
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical requests to IT Manager.
- Deploy, manage, and support mobile devices (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.) throughout the environment.
- Coordinate with and assist the infrastructure team with core infrastructure issues.
- Support the infrastructure team and perform preventative maintenance on critical systems.
- University Degree or College Diploma
- A+ certification is a must
- 1–2 years of experience in Help Desk Support, Technical Support and/or other IT roles
- Experience in IS/IT, Computer Science or Computer Engineering is an asset
- Network+ certification is an asset
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.