A. Farber & Partners Ltd., a member of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The firm helps individuals and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives again. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 70 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free ®
We are currently seeking an Insolvency Counsellor to join our team on a remote basis! The ideal candidate for this role will need to be a Registered BIA Counsellor with the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and have experience in administering counselling. In this role, you will work from your home or be based out of our North York office, if in-person sessions are required, and will also support our team in the surrounding areas.
- Administer first and second counselling sessions to clients as required by the BIA
- Assess debtors’ budget plans
- Deliver an excellent and empathetic experience for the debtors
- Travel to other offices to meet with clients, if required
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Being a registered BIA Counsellor
- College diploma in Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to relate with clients and liaise with team members
- Strong attention to detail
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs and previous experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to compose various documents and speak effectively with clients, staff, and other third parties