One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 80 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta and has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we are embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members who will play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals and better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead, Insolvency Counselling
to join our team on a remote basis! The ideal candidate for this role will need to be a Registered BIA Counsellor with the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and have experience in administering counselling. Reporting to the VP, Central Operations you will provide counselling sessions and lead a team of 14+ Insolvency Counsellors to help them achieve their targets and goals.
- Creating and analyzing KPIs and reports as needed
- Engaging in consistent and effective one-on-ones and ensuring clarity of goals for the Counselling team
- Identifying areas of improvement, championing and driving results and superior performance
- Providing and guiding the team with day-to-day challenges including scheduling issues, urgent matters, and challenging client engagements
- Administering first and second counselling sessions to clients as required by the BIA
- Assessing debtors’ budget plans
- Delivering an excellent and empathetic experience for the debtors
- Travelling to other offices to meet with clients, if required
- Developing and maintaining resource library for use by counsellors as well as standardized policies and procedures for the counselling team
- Developing and implementing a plan to address backlog in counselling sessions
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Registered Insolvency Counsellor through CAIRP and the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a registered BIA Counsellor relevant financial counselling experience
- College diploma in Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Previous experience in a Team Lead capacity and ability to engage, influence and drive performance to ensure KPIs targets are achieved
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to compose various documents and speak effectively with clients, staff, and other third parties
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to relate with clients and liaise with team members
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs and previous experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge of the following software is as asset: Ascend, DocuSign, and You Can Book Me
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills