One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 80 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta and has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we are embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members who will play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals and better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking a Consumer Proposal Administrator
to join our team at our North York Office. In this role, the ideal candidate will provide superior customer service and administrative support for the Consumer Proposal file administration process.
- Day to day contact and timely issue resolution with clients, creditors and other stakeholders including but not limited to the following:
- Managing proposal estates to reduce the number of overdue accounts and increase the number of the successful proposals
- Addressing proposal payment requests, NSF payments and mitigating defaults
- Coordinating revival processes
- Answering questions directly or indirectly pertaining to the proposal and debtor’s financial affairs in general
- Liaising with other team members to ensure efficient and diligent administration of the proposal estates
- Issuing status and other miscellaneous letters to the debtors, creditors etc.
- Partaking in the review of proofs of claims
- Providing training to colleagues
- Participating in ongoing training including opportunities to be involved in other functions within Consumer Proposal team
- Completing other duties assigned by the Trustee or Senior Administrator
- Post-secondary education or related equivalent experience. Insolvency Administrator Certificate is an asset
- Previous insolvency administration and/or customer service experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to speak effectively with clients and other third parties
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with team members, staff, and clients
- Strong learning skills
- A team player who can also work independently and take ownership of their workload
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
There are many benefits to working at Farber – and not just our benefit package. We understand that our people do their best work when they feel supported and encouraged, and so we’ve built our culture on a foundation of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
We also value and invest in programs that promote work-life balance, employee well-being, corporate social responsibility, and community building. We aspire not only to do excellent work, but to make a positive impact on our clients, our people, and the communities where we live and work.