One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
At Farber, our Client Account Managers (internally known as Debt Solutions Managers) are client-centric professionals who seek to help others improve their financial situation. You will meet with potential clients, review their financial situation, and provide solutions to help them rebuild their financial lives and live debt free. Our clients are the focus of everything that we do, and as a Debt Solutions Manager, you will have the opportunity to help others and make a difference in their lives.
In this role, you will need to have the flexibility to meet with clients outside of standard office hours. This role also requires the flexibility to work the occasional Saturday.
- Meeting with potential clients, in-person and virtually, to determine if one of our services (bankruptcy and consumer proposal) are best suited to resolve their specific financial situation.
- Effective and ongoing communication with clients during the initial stages of an engagement to ensure successful enrollment into one of the Farber offerings.
- Generating new referral sources, leads and files through the working of a personal marketing plan, attending networking events, etc.
- When applicable, preparing all necessary regulatory documents required to file either the bankruptcy or proposal.
- Arranging final meetings with clients to sign all required documents which are forwarded to the centralized Farber Administration team and work with them to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Updating Microsoft Dynamics (our CRM system) at all stages of the process to document status of the engagement.
- Over time, developing a personal marketing plan designed to develop referral sources in your region who will refer clients in financial difficulties to you.
- Retaining the critical relationship with clients during the administration of the file.
- Handling communication of significant issues with clients.
- Familiarizing yourself with all products and services offered by Farber and making those services available to your referral network as opportunities present themselves.
- Attending training, team meetings, and Farber events as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus in Sales, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven desire and ability to network, develop and grow the business with the support of Firm management.
- Experience in Consumer Insolvency or Personal Financial Services is an asset.
- Achievement and results oriented with a positive personality to increase revenue and increase clients’ satisfaction.
- High professional and ethical standards, high personal standards of integrity, honesty, empathy, and trustworthiness.
- People oriented, entrepreneurial and an excellent communicator with the ability to build memorable customer experiences with every interaction.
- Client-centric with the ability to identify issues in a compassionate and non-judgmental manner.
- Continuously follow up and follow through on commitments made to clients.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure clients’ needs are being actively heard and met.
- Understanding of clients' needs and flexibility in meeting their expectations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to identify solutions to meet specific individual needs.
- Well organized, and detail oriented.
- Proficient with PCs and software applications, such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook), keyboarding skills and an ability to learn and master new software programs.
- Ability to multi-task, work with urgency and adapt to change in a dynamic target-driven environment.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.