The Farber Group is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
As an affiliate of the Farber Group, Farber Tax Law (“FTL”), offers tax litigation services to both corporate and personal taxpayers across Canada. For more information, please visit us at https://farbertax.com/
Making business work better, together. ™
We are seeking highly motivated law students or internationally trained lawyers to join our team as articling students for 2022-2023. Successful applicants will join a busy and highly collaborative tax disputes and litigation practice, with an opportunity to play a support role in a small but growing corporate tax practice.
Tax is a specialized and intellectually demanding field. Successful candidates possess a strong demonstrated interest in tax law and have the critical thinking skills to resolve complex tax problems, along with the professionalism, practicality and maturity required to provide exceptional client service.
This role has the flexibility to work from home and the primary working hours are Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:30 pm.
- Assisting clients in responding to federal and provincial audits
- Preparing notices of objection and written representations to the Canada Revenue Agency
- Representing clients in litigation before the Tax Court of Canada and the Federal Court
- Preparing voluntary disclosures and taxpayer relief applications
- Advising clients in respect of tax issues outside of dispute context, including in relation to corporate reorganizations
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Collaborative working style and ability to contribute to team discussions
- Superior interpersonal skills with analytical problem-solving abilities
- Dedication to outstanding client service
- Detail-oriented, with a team player mentality
- Strong prioritization, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Professional demeanor
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.