One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager
in the Vancouver Area to join our team. In this role, the ideal candidate will network and develop relationships with businesses in the sub-prime market that can refer opportunities to our organization. You will also manage existing relationships and work with our front-line sales team to assist individuals who require our services.
Flexibility to work during and outside standard office hours is required.
- Partnering with the Director, Business Development to build a sales strategy to meet business objectives, including target identification, market analysis, and network activities.
- Working with internal teams to secure new business while managing the integration process with potential partnerships and referral sources to ensure successful implementation.
- Contacting existing business accounts and managing relationships as instructed by the Director, Business Development.
- Identifying, developing, and securing a strong pipeline of potential partnerships, referral sources, and lead opportunities in line with business objectives.
- On an ongoing basis, managing these new relationships to ensure alignment and mutual benefit for both parties.
- Maintaining current knowledge of the services market, including up to date knowledge of competitors, both direct and indirect, and client developments.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- 3-5 years’ experience in B2B sales, with a successful track record as a business development professional, ideally in the Financial Services, Insolvency, Professional Services or Consulting industries.
- Exposure to debt management, lending, financing, and/or advisory services is a great asset.
- Experience as both a new business developer and relationship manager is required, including growing and managing a portfolio of clients and delivering exceptional client service.
- Strong rolodex of contacts.
- Proven track record in sales pipeline creation and experience in securing profitable new business.
- Self-driven, capable of juggling multiple priorities while remaining results oriented.
- Proven ability to assimilate unstructured information and produce clear, well-structured, concise written summaries and reports.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills. including presentation skills.
- Proactive self-starter with excellent time management skills and able to work under pressure.
- Creative and solutions-oriented approach to investigate new lead opportunities.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.