Farber Group is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
As an affiliate of Farber Group, Farber Tax Law (“FTL”), offers tax litigation services to both corporate and personal taxpayers across Canada. For more information, please visit us at https://taxlaw.farbertax.com/
Making business work better, together. ™
We are seeking a highly motivated lawyer to join our team as a Senior Tax Associate. Successful applicants will join a busy and entrepreneurial tax disputes and litigation practice and play a role in the continued growth of our corporate tax practice.
Tax is a specialized and intellectually demanding field. Successful candidates possess a strong demonstrated interest in tax law and have the critical thinking skills to resolve complex tax problems, along with the professionalism, practicality and maturity required to provide exceptional client service.
• Providing supervision and support to junior lawyers, paralegals and clerks
• Assisting clients in responding to federal and provincial audits
• Preparing notices of objection and written representations to the Canada Revenue Agency
• Representing clients in litigation before the Tax Court of Canada and the Federal Court
• Preparing voluntary disclosures and taxpayer relief applications
• Advising clients in respect of tax issues outside of dispute context, including in relation to corporate reorganizations
• Managing and growing client relationships
• 4-7 years of experience as a tax lawyer
• Current membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
• Excellent research, writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong business acumen
• Superior interpersonal skills with analytical problem-solving abilities
• Dedication to outstanding client service
• Detail-oriented, with a team player mentality
• Strong prioritization, organization and multi-tasking skills
• Professional demeanor
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
There are many benefits to working at Farber – and not just our benefits package. We understand that our people do their best work when they feel supported and encouraged, and so we’ve built our culture on a foundation of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
We also value and invest in programs that promote work-life balance, employee well-being, corporate social responsibility, and community building. We aspire not only to do excellent work, but to make a positive impact on our clients, our people, and the communities where we live and work.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.