A. Farber & Partners Inc., a member of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The Consumer business unit helps individuals get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 80 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free®.
We are currently looking for a Vice President, Back Office Operations
to join our team at our North York Office. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President, Back Office Operations will play a vital strategic role within the firm. In this role you will be responsible for leading a 70+ back-office team members. The Vice President, Back Office Operations will work with the team to develop the ability to improve the client journey and scale a growing business, while focusing on designing proper systems, workflows, and overall process improvement.
- You will challenge existing practices and develop innovative solutions that aim at reducing the portion of time staff spends on transaction processing.
- In this role, you will be a true people leader who serves as a role model by setting and maintaining high ethical standards and leads by example. You will engage in consistent and effective one-on-ones, individual development plans, and ensure clarity of roles and goals. You know how and when to delegate, and you enjoy acting as a mentor who drives higher employee engagement and overall performance.
- You will design, evaluate and implement back-office strategy while managing the impact and delivery of change. You will build relationships with key stakeholders and external consultants to determine the optimal future roadmap for the back-office.
- You will document current workflows and processes in a manner that will facilitate continuous improvement by staff and external parties.
- You will build systems in a way that will scale our business. You know how to leverage technology and data to drive system improvements by way of enhanced customer experience, efficiency for our system, forecasting, and capacity planning.
- You will transform the team’s culture to be one that is data-driven, allowing for a structure focused on world class client service, operational excellence, and continuous improvement.
- In this role, you will partner with the senior leaders across the organization to develop and execute plans to standardize processes, improve operational capabilities, increase operational efficiency and effectiveness, and ensure the successful implementation of change initiatives.
- In the first 30 days, you will be expected to develop relationships with key stakeholders. Within 90 days, you will work with stakeholders and external consultants to determine the optimal future roadmap for the back office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extensive experience in Operations or Change and Transformation roles.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in financial services or relevant experience that has a focus on back-office operations, process improvement, and/or technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Lean Six Sigma certified is an asset.
- Experience with robotic process automation is an asset.
- Proven ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to lead, engage, influence and drive performance with key stakeholders to ensure all requirements are achieved.
- A track record of dramatically transforming operations to create best in class efficiency, accuracy, and processing costs across back-office operations.
- Comfort with technology and leveraging data to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to manage large scale business transformation change.