One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
At Farber, our clients are our number one priority and as a Customer Service Agent, you will have the opportunity to make a difference as the first point of contact for clients. In this role, you will respond to incoming calls and web submissions from existing and potential clients and advise on how our service offerings can help improve their financial situation. As the ideal candidate, you will have strong skills in client services and sales along with an ability to identify a client’s needs and assess how Farber can help.
This role has the flexibility to work from home and the primary working hours are Mon-Fri 12:30 pm – 9:00 pm EST. You will also be required to work an occasional Saturday from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm EST. There is also a requirement to have reliable high-speed internet connection.
• Empathetically screen and understand a potential client’s situation and assess if Farber’s services will fit their needs
• Recommend appropriate services for the client and book appointments for them to meet with one of our advisors (internally known as Debt Solutions Manager)
• Answering calls & webform requests to book appointment
• Manage multiple calendars while using practical judgement to schedule appointments for the client
• Efficiently respond to current clients’ inquiries relating to the status of their file.
• Appropriately document every call in our information systems
• Perform administration tasks as assigned (this could include data entry, outbound calls to remind clients of their upcoming appointments, rescheduling appointments, communicating with the client via email etc.)
• Communicate with potential clients through different modalities like email, webchat and SMS via email, webchat and SMS to potential clients
• Achieve team targets
• Develop, maintain and apply the learned knowledge of our specialized industry
Education & Experience
• College diploma
• 3 years of prior customer service experience preferred
• Call center experience is an asset
• Experience working in the financial industry is an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent spelling and grammar skills
• Natural ability to recognize and speak to the client’s emotional state
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to build and manage relationships
• Detail oriented, organized, and effective time management skills
• Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced and team environment
• Committed and a team player
• Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
• Experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and able to learn new software and applications quickly
Compensation, Benefits, and PerksTo ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
• if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.