The Farber Group is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
As an affiliate of the Farber Group, Farber Tax Law (“FTL”), offers tax litigation services to both corporate and personal taxpayers across Canada. For more information, please visit us at https://farbertax.com/
Making business work better, together. ™
We are looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Farber Tax Law team as a permanent, full-time employee. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced and rewarding team environment.
- Document management, including printing, scanning and saving correspondence, filing, etc.
- Assisting with preparing outgoing correspondence and gathering necessary enclosures, etc.
- Assisting with monthly billing process
- Recording and maintaining disbursements
- Providing assistance to lawyers as need and where required
- Liaising with paralegals, lawyers, and clients regarding file progress
- Providing overflow assistance and other general administrative duties as required
- Completion of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant or Law Clerk program
- 1+ years of experience in a clerical or administrative capacity, would be considered an asset
- A strong orientation to delivering a superior standard of service
- Good technical skills including Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize workload in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a contributing member in a team environment
- Proven ability to take initiative as well as follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines
- Positive, professional, can-do attitude
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.