A. Farber & Partners Inc., a member of part of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The firm helps individuals and businesses get out of debt, start rebuilding their lives again and Live Debt Free ®. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 70 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free®.
We have a reputation for excellent client service providing our clients with solutions to resolve their debt problems within the context of an empathetic and supportive client relationship.
We are looking to build on the success of our current business by developing new sources of business outside of traditional channels. To achieve this, we are hiring a Director, New Business Development
. This newly created role will join our team at our North York Office and report directly to the CEO and will play a vital strategic role within the Firm.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic, motivated and exceptionally well-connected professional to have an influential role in building our business. Connecting with both C-Suite Executives within potential clients, as well as referral sources and centers of influence from the financial and professional services sectors. Focus on our client’s needs by providing a holistic approach to the market and by promoting customized solutions across our wide array of service offerings.
In this role you will serve as an ambassador, supporting the organization’s reputation for excellence and delivery of an exceptional client experience. You have a track record and reputation for building and nurturing relationships, providing exceptional customer service and delivering solutions to achieve the aspirations of our clients.
- Cultivate and secure new business targets in line with future business needs as outlined
- Develop a strong pipeline of potential partnerships, referral sources and lead opportunities in line with Company priorities
- Partner with the Vice President of Marketing, Regional Practice Leaders, as well as the Farber leadership team to build a sales strategy to meet business objectives including target identification, market analysis and networking activities
- Work collaboratively with identified team members within Farber Group to secure new business
- Manage the integration process with potential partnerships, referral sources with internal resources to ensure successful implementation
- Identify, co-ordinate and build strong business networks for lead generation and secure business leads and opportunities
- Prepare and maintain internal business development documentation, hold internal business development meetings as required, and manage activities
- Maintain a current knowledge of the Services market including up to date knowledge of competitors, both direct and indirect, and client developments.
- On an ongoing basis, manage these new relationships to ensure that it is optimized for both parties.
Education & Qualifications
In order to be considered for this Director, New Business Development opportunity you must possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a relevant field of study
- 5-7 years’ experience in B2B sales, with a successful track record as a business development professional, from ideally a Financial Services, Insolvency, Professional Services or a Consulting background
- Exposure to debt management, lending, financing, and/or advisory services ideal
- Experience as both a developer of new business and a relationship manager required, growing and managing a portfolio of clients and delivering exceptional client service
- Strong rolodex of contacts
- Proven track record in sales pipeline creation and experience in securing profitable new business
- Self-driven, capable of juggling multiple priorities, results oriented
- Encompass our core values of collaboration, mutual respect, hard work and client centricity
- Proven ability to assimilate unstructured information and produce clear, well-structured, concise written summaries and reports
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Proactive self-starter with excellent time management skills and able to work under pressure
- Creative and solutions-oriented approach to investigate new lead opportunities
This is an exciting role and the opportunity to work in an exceptional work environment and a collaborative, supportive team culture with a great package on offer for the successful incumbent.
Please apply immediately and in confidence to be considered for this role.