Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
We are currently seeking an Filing Clerk (Operations Clerk) to join our Sheppard office.
- Scan and upload various documents to the secured server (File Assure)
- Organize, sort and prepare mailings as required
- Receive documents (i.e. paystubs, bank statements, tax documents etc.) from clients (via mail or e-mail) to be sorted and then uploaded to their respective estate within File Assure
- Review and assess files to ensure all necessary information has been provided and to verify the information’s accuracy
- Use insolvency software (Ascend) to manage, monitor and update each client’s estate
- E-file various forms and documents with the Ontario Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB)
- Liaise with the OSB regarding outstanding issues/concerns in relation to various estates
- Send notices to creditors and clients regarding the status of the client’s insolvency filing
- Liaise with the Banking, Consumer Proposal, and Bankruptcy teams as required to request the processing of dividend cheques, to discuss on-going files, and to complete the administration of files
- Maintain multiple inboxes within Outlook, responding to and/or re-directing inquiries and uploading documents to File Assure
- Occasionally: arranging the closed files in the Archives as per the retention schedule
- Other duties may be assigned as required
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- No minimum years of experience required
- Ability to prioritize tasks, monitor workflow and maintain organized and accurate records
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify solutions when various challenges arise
- High-level attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, with the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel etc.), as well as Adobe Acrobat. Previous experience with Fox-It, OneDrive, Sharepoint and/or Microsoft Dynamics considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members, as well as third-parties
- Good interpersonal skills with a team-player mindset