A. Farber & Partners Inc., a member of part of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The firm helps individuals and businesses get out of debt, start rebuilding their lives again and Live Debt Free ®. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 70 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free®.
We have grown immensely over our 40 years of operation with multiple offices across Canada. We are proud to be celebrating our 40th anniversary in 2019 with our staff who made this milestone possible. There have been many significant developments over the past year including our digital transformation project that is improving the efficiency of our processes for the benefits of our staff and clients. We continue to grow as we open new offices across Canada and are looking forward to continuous development in 2019.
We are currently seeking a full-time Administrator to join our Sheppard office. The individual in this role will administer division 1 proposal and ordinary bankruptcy files.
- Assist with all matters relating to the current administration of Division 1 and Ordinary bankruptcy estates including but not limited to:
- Input file information into Ascend (industry specific software) and CRM databases
- Prepare necessary documents such as proposal/NOI, cash flow, Bankruptcy notice etc. using Word and Excel
- E-file new files and all statutory reports, notices, and minutes
- Schedule all meeting of creditors for both proposal and bankruptcy estates
- Prepare and send out Notice of Stay if applicable
- Draft Report to Creditors and Notice to Creditors for proposal and Trustee’s Preliminary report to creditors for bankruptcy
- Mail notices to all creditors
- Input Proof of Claims into Ascend and follow up with creditors if claims are deficient of the required information.
- Deal with all matters related to proof of claim, including, preparation of the notice of disallowance
- Attend to creditors’ and debtors’ enquiries—bring complex enquires to the trustee’s attention
- Prepare Report to Court, court application package, and schedule court hearings
- Monitor payments and other proposal terms where applicable
- Attend to interim dividends
- Upon completion of all terms of the proposal, prepare the Certificate of Full Performance for trustee’s execution
- Review assets file folder in the ordinary bankruptcy and make sure all assets have been disposed properly and send S38 notice as appropriate
- Deal with various estate banking requests
- Assist in various close-out matters when needed
- Other duties as may be required
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certification with a focus in Business
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Previous experience in dealing with division 1 proposal and ordinary bankruptcy administration is an asset
- Previous experience in the insurance, health care, or legal industry
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Proven background dealing with attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Organizational skills to organize workload
- Good oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, inspectors, creditors and OSB
- Analytical skills to analyse account activities
- Interpersonal skills to deal with team members and staff
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Familiar with insolvency software Ascend and other software such as ProSystem