A. Farber & Partners Inc., a member of part of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The firm helps individuals and businesses get out of debt, start rebuilding their lives again and Live Debt Free ®. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 70 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free®.
At Farber, our clients are our number one priority and as a Customer Service Agent
, you will have the opportunity to make a difference as the first point of contact for clients. In this role, you will respond to incoming calls and web submissions from existing and potential clients and advise on how our service offerings can help improve their financial situation. As the ideal candidate, you will have strong skills in client services and sales along with an ability to identify a client’s needs and assess how Farber can help.
This role has the flexibility to work from home and the primary working hours are 12:30pm – 9:00pm EST. However, you must be flexible with working rotational, afternoon, and evening shifts including weekends and holidays. Our contact center business hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 9:00pm EST and Saturday 9:00am – 3:00 pm EST. It is also required to have a reliable high-speed internet connection.
Education & Experience
- Empathetically screen and understand a potential client’s situation and assess if Farber’s services will fit their needs
- Recommend appropriate services for the client and book appointments for them to meet with one of our advisors (internally known as Debt Solutions Manager)
- Manage multiple calendars while using practical judgement to schedule appointments for the client
- Efficiently respond to current clients’ inquiries relating to the status of their file.
- Appropriately document every call in our information systems
- Perform administration tasks as assigned (this could include data entry, outbound calls to remind clients of their upcoming appointments, rescheduling appointments, communicating with the client via email etc.)
- Communicate via email, webchat and SMS to potential clients
- Achieve team targets
- Develop, maintain and apply the learned knowledge of our specialized industry
- Other duties as assigned
- College diploma
- 3 years of prior customer service experience
- Call center experience is an asset
- Experience working in the financial industry is an asset
We would like to thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Natural ability to recognize and speak to the client’s emotional state
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships
- Detail oriented, organized, and effective time management skills
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced and team environment
- Committed and a team player
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and able to learn new software and applications quickly