One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 80 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta and has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we are embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized and agile marketers to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals, by transforming how we go to market in every possible way and disrupting our industry so we can better serve Canadians in need.
For more information, please visit our website: https://afarber.com
We are at the beginning of our next stage of growth for a Canadian success story. We need experienced, energized and agile marketers to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals, by transforming how we go to market in every possible way and disrupting our industry so we can better serve Canadians in need. We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join Farber’s Consumer Practice. Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing & Web Channel, you will take ownership of all technical aspects of our web properties which comprises multiple websites, landing pages, languages, and formats. You will be hands-on and strategic, working autonomously to understand business needs and objectives and accurately translate those needs into an articulated web experience. This role will work very closely with the rest of the Digital Marketing team to ensure all strategies tie in with the overall digital ecosystem to maximize acquisition performance and contribute to positive ROI.
- Maintaining and building upon existing front end and backend frameworks in a truly mobile-first web experience.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality while establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Configure and customize WordPress and its plugins, and integrate with other tools as required.
- Design, develop, test and analyze, and deploy new or improved functionality and features across our websites.
- Continuously iterate and improve our service offerings, researching new tools, management systems, and best practices.
- Create custom shortcodes, widget areas, custom post types within WordPress where needed.
- Ensure overall website maintenance, enhancements, and security updates are up to date.
- Ownership and accountability of CMS and all environments including Dev, staging and Prod including and not limited to landing pages, domains, subdomains, etc.
- Ensure our business needs are accurately and effectively translated and represented through website functionality and enhanced user experience.
- Complete ownership of Digital Assets, it’s creation and management across all digital campaigns.
- Ability to work with agency partners on resizing and revisions of all creative assets including static, rich media assets, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development and front end frameworks.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
Qualifications and Experience
- Deep and broad hands-on experience developing mobile first web features and functionality that are complex and layered.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Usability best practices.
- Managing and modifying server-side configurations.
- Hosting platform capabilities for optimal website speed, uptime, and performance.
- Website security and traffic load management.
- Proven track-record of digital acquisition & driving growth results.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Excellent with numbers and in creating top quality written reports.
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and focus.
- You can work proactively on your own, prioritizing deliverables. You are self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
We would like to thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.