A. Farber & Partners Inc., a member of part of Farber Group, is one of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. The firm helps individuals and businesses get out of debt, start rebuilding their lives again and Live Debt Free ®. Farber's federally Licensed Insolvency Trustees negotiate with creditors to reduce or eliminate consumer debt through a consumer proposal or bankruptcy.
Established in 1979, the firm has over 200 employees in over 70 offices across Ontario, BC and Alberta. Farber has helped over a 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and Live Debt Free®.
We have grown immensely over our 40 years of operation and were proud to celebrate our 40th anniversary in 2019 with our staff who made this milestone possible. We continue to grow as we open new offices across Canada and are looking forward to continuous development in 2021.
The role of the Estate Administrator
is responsible for administering section 170 reports for the personal bankruptcy department.
- Completing the seven-month file review and subsequent follow up reviews as necessary.
- Reviewing proof of income as it relates to calculation of surplus income requirements at review time.
- Communicating with bankrupts and opposing creditors where necessary regarding surplus income payments, effects of changes to income during bankruptcy, and conduct issues as reported by the OSB.
- Communicating and liaising with internal teams such as asset team regarding status of assets and outstanding information, and the banking department to coordinate new payment arrangements for clients.
- Drafting of section 170 reports, e-filing related documents.
- Drafting oppositions to discharge, correspondence to client regarding status of proceedings.
- Preparing automatic discharge certificates.
- Conducting mediation sessions and drafting mediation agreements, dealings with clients and the OSB as required.
- Sending out revised notices for automatic discharge dates.
- Updating significant dates in Ascend regarding first and second reviews and 170 reports.
- Scheduling applications for discharge hearings including closed and undischarged files (ie no order and adjourned sine die files) and communicating with other parties with respect to scheduling when required.
- Preparation of supplemental reports to court regarding oppositions, Conditions Met reports, draft Orders, and binding court packages.
- Preparing and serving Notices of Hearing and preparing Affidavits of Service.
- E-filing endorsements and scanning court hearing packages into File Assure.
- Monitoring and following up with bankrupts regarding terms of Conditional Orders for compliance.
- Entering discharge types and dates into internal database once Court Orders are received from court; e-filing and sending to clients and any other party when required.
- Requesting a client’s previous insolvency files from the court’s archives when required for discharge hearings.
- Other duties as assigned.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Post-secondary education with a focus in accounting, business, finance, or a related field preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in an administration/clerical role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs and previous experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with team members, staff, and clients.
- Previous experience in Consumer Insolvency or Personal Financial Services is an asset.