One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are seeking a Senior Close-Out Administrator
to join us on a one-year contract. The incumbent will deal or assist with all matters relating to the closing of corporate/consumer ordinary bankruptcy. This will be a hybrid role with the possibility of working remotely as well as from our Sheppard and Leslie office.
- Reviewing all prior/pre/post-bankruptcy returns filed by the tax department and make sure all the statutory returns are filed properly.
- Reviewing claims submitted by creditors ensuring each claim is filed correctly and, as applicable, admitting claim or preparing Notice of Disallowance for approval by Trustee.
- Reviewing assets file folder in the ordinary bankruptcy while ensuring all assets have been disposed properly and sending S38 notice as appropriate.
- Preparation of the Trustee’s Final Statement of Receipts and Disbursements (R&D)
- Assembling the time dockets for the file if needed.
- Preparation of the Trustee’s final billings/WIP/Invoices.
- Preparation of Inspector’s final meeting and approval of the R&D and Trustee’s fees.
- Assembling and e-filing documents to be sent to the Official Receiver for Letter of Comment.
- Dealing with the taxation process at the Court, including the assembly of all documents required for taxation, if needed, and dealing with inquiries from Court staff.
- Dealing with all inquiries from OSB and Court, preparing Reports or Supplementary Reports to Court with respect to various discharge issues and following up issues with OSB.
- Preparation of Affidavit of Mailing where applicable.
- Preparing Application of Trustee for Discharge and Order Discharging Trustee and arranging for documents to be sent to the Court when needed.
- Any other duties assigned by Management from time to time.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or related equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in dealing with division 1 proposal and ordinary bankruptcy close-out.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, inspectors, creditors, and OSB.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs and previous experience using Ascend and/or Prosystem.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse account activities.
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with team members, staff, and other parties.
There are many benefits to working at Farber – and not just our benefits package. We understand that our people do their best work when they feel supported and encouraged, and so we’ve built our culture on a foundation of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
We also value and invest in programs that promote work-life balance, employee well-being, corporate social responsibility, and community building. We aspire not only to do excellent work, but to make a positive impact on our clients, our people, and the communities where we live and work.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber Financial and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.