One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking a Senior Estate Administrator to join our team at our North York office. In this role, you will be responsible for the full administration of consumer proposal estates. As the ideal candidate, you will have at least 5 years of experience in Estate Administration and possess exceptional client service and interpersonal skills.
- Reviewing and e-filing new files and confirm that all necessary documents have been received.
- Chair meeting of creditors; negotiating terms with creditors and debtors, and preparing meeting minutes.
- Preparing and e-filing final statement of receipts and disbursements.
- Preparing and analyzing various time-sensitive reports through Ascend and other software.
- Providing ongoing training to the estate administrators.
- Providing onboarding training to new hires.
- Preparing court documents including the Trustee’s Supplementary Report and draft orders.
- Communicating with OSB on issue resolution at various stages of administration.
- Communicating with clients, counsel, and creditors in writing and by telephone; when necessary, conduct face-to-face meetings with these parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma in Business or Administration is preferred.
- Estate Administrator Certificate (CIRP) is required.
- 5+ years of experience as an Estate administrator.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage a busy workload.
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs. Previous experience with Ascend is an asset.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to compose various documents and speak effectively with clients, staff, and other third parties.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with team members and clients.
There are many benefits to working at Farber – and not just our benefits package. We understand that our people do their best work when they feel supported and encouraged, and so we’ve built our culture on a foundation of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
We also value and invest in programs that promote work-life balance, employee well-being, corporate social responsibility, and community building. We aspire not only to do excellent work, but to make a positive impact on our clients, our people, and the communities where we live and work.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). A. Farber & Partners Inc. and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.