One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
The Director, Client Experience (internally known as Director of the Centralized DSM team (CDSM)) will be responsible for the success of this newly created department. Reporting to the Vice President of Central Operations, you will strive to achieve the targets and service levels assigned by working with your team in delivering an outstanding client experience, achieving above target ‘Appointment to File’ percentages, developing the skills and performance of your team, and providing insights to the leadership team on performance while advising on process improvement opportunities.
- Working with the Vice President of Central Operations on planning, monitoring, and implementing change to evolve the team’s capabilities.
- Defining new roles and participating in the hiring process for the newly created team.
- Working closely with the team to create a superior client experience by having team members engage, listen, and understand the needs of potential clients while demonstrating compassion and empathy.
- Developing standardized processes for the team to follow as well as appropriate metrics that will assist in monitoring performance.
- Working closely with the Team Leads to ensure that the proper process is being followed and monitored, and targets for ‘Appointment to File’ are being achieved.
- Developing the team by engaging in consistent and effective one-on-ones, individual development plans, and ensuring clarity of roles and goals.
- Collaborating with other Directors to ensure a seamless client experience and efficient overall process.
- Working with Team Leads to manage all call queues and schedules to ensure department is staffed appropriately.
- Ensuring inbound leads, calls, and appointments are monitored and followed up to ensure timely responses.
- Training, mentoring, and coaching the Centralized Debt Solution Managers and, where required, agents in regard to Insolvency technical knowledge and other processes.
- Supporting the IT applications department with the implementation of new projects/systems related to the client service team and assisting with the rollout and subsequent training.
- Reviewing feedback provided by other teams pertaining to the CDSM team’s work and interacting with senior management for reporting purposes.
- Participating in process improvement workshops to identify root causes and opportunities and create future state processes.
- Developing and monitoring incentive plans.
- Leading by example and serving as a role model while setting and maintaining high ethical standards.
- Extensive experience in Insolvency, Front Line Management, and Client Experience roles.
- A contact centre leadership background, or a bachelor’s degree in Business Operations, Sales Leadership, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in insolvency services, financial services or related industries with a focus on contact centres, client services, insolvency services, or sales leadership.
- Previous experience as a people leader including mentoring, talent development, and improving employee engagement and overall performance.
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required.
- Ability to teach the team to empathize with the client’s situation while leading them through the insolvency process and focusing on client satisfaction.
- Strong financial analytical skills, including the use of Excel and other software and applications.
- Great interpersonal skills that facilitate positive outcomes and business promotional efforts.
- Ability to set and meet targets and service levels of the team.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.