One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking a weekday Receptionist and Administrative Assistant for our Sheppard and Leslie office location.
• Answer phones and direct calls appropriately including voice mail messages
• Address creditor queries or direct to appropriate department
• Manage/administer incoming mail; i.e. sort, open, stamp
• Greet clients
• Receive client payments, issue receipts
• Manage couriers - prepare waybills, arrange pickups, and incoming deliveries
• Direct incoming documents (fax, mail) to appropriate departments
• Order meals, food items as required for meetings
• Process interoffice mail in a timely manner
• Book meeting rooms as requested
• Keep meeting rooms tidy and clean up after meetings
• Order and track office and kitchen supplies
• Data entry and expense maintenance for Finance or similar department
• Other duties as may be required
• Receptionist experience preferred but not required
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong communication skills
• Professional personal presentation
• Experience with phone systems an asset
• Office experience an asset
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
• vacation days based on experience and years of service
• wellness days
• extended health and dental coverage
• life insurance
• long-term disability
• employee contributed retirement savings plan option
• financial support for professional development
• employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
• exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
• if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.