One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Proof of Claim Administrator to join our team at our North York Office. In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Reviewing proof of claims for all types of administration for accuracy, compliance, votes, and meeting requests
- Partaking in pre-45-day review for consumer proposals
- Dealing with all claim issues when a claim is deficient/incomplete, including contacting the creditor to request further information or clarification and following up to ensure the information is provided in a timely manner.
- Updating insolvency software and other internal databases once the deficient claim is amended, withdrawn, or disallowed
- Preparing and servicing the Notice of Disallowance, if required.
- Day to day contact and timely issue resolution with clients, creditors, and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of Interim Dividends, Certificate of Full Performance, Certificate of Discharge, and statement of receipts and disbursements.
- Providing training to colleagues
- Participating in ongoing training including opportunities to be involved in other functions within the Consumer Proposal team
- Completing other duties assigned by the Trustee or Senior Administrator
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Post-secondary education preferred or related equivalent experience. Insolvency Administrator Certificate is an asset.
- Previous insolvency administration and/or customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to speak effectively with clients, creditors, and other third parties.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with team members, staff, and clients.
- A team player who can also work independently and take ownership of their workload
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.