One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
Your primary responsibility as the Team Lead of the Client Service Team would be to motivate and assist the team to achieve goals, while keeping business goals in mind. It would be the responsibility of the Team Lead to create an atmosphere to support the staff on a daily basis and to support the Director of client care in managing the staff with respect to reporting, achieving targets, scheduling and requests for time off. The Team Lead would be expected to assist on the phone when needed and listen to calls to provide coaching and feedback. This role has the flexibility to work from home. Must have high-speed internet.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 5pm E.S.T.
*You may be a required to provide remote technical support to the team afterhours or on a Saturday.
- Supports the Director of Client Care and assists with scheduling and organizing shift patterns for other team members to ensure proper coverage
- Keep track of attendance, daily statistics, sick time etc.
- Answers team member questions, assists with team member technical issues, and oversees team member work for quality and conformity
- Develop, maintain, and apply the learned knowledge of our specialized industry
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for updated training
- Promote a strong working relationship with team members to maximize productivity and customer satisfaction
- Listening to calls to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Keep team members aware of inbound calls, calls waiting, abandonment rate etc. and encourage them through positive communication and feedback
- Assist the team with booking appointments for potential new clients while providing some high-level screening
- Conducts team meetings or one on one meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Prepare daily/weekly reporting as required
- Learn/master our applications and assist the team with troubleshooting
- Communicate by way of multiple channels to clients (Phone, email, SMS etc.)
- Achievement of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly team targets
- Other duties as may be required.
- College diploma or higher
- Equivalent management or industry experience
- 4-5 years of prior customer service experience
- Experience working in the financial industry and/ or call center (an asset, not a requirement)
- 3+ years of experience managing/leading a small team
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Leadership qualities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Natural ability to be empathetic to the situations our clients are facing
- Proactive to assist the team
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong relationship building skills; able to manage multiple relationships
- Detail oriented
- Must be a team player
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful; strong desire to motivate others
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), Microsoft Dynamics
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.