One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solution providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Ontario, BC, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we’re embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Clerk (internally known as an Operations Clerk) to join our Sheppard office.
- Scan and upload various documents to the secured server (File Assure)
- Organize, sort and prepare mailings as required
- Receive documents (i.e. paystubs, bank statements, tax documents etc.) from clients (via mail or e-mail) to be sorted and then uploaded to their respective estate within File Assure
- Review and assess files to ensure all necessary information has been provided and to verify the information’s accuracy
- Use insolvency software (Ascend) to manage, monitor and update each client’s estate
- E-file various forms and documents with the Ontario Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB)
- Liaise with the OSB regarding outstanding issues/concerns in relation to various estates
- Send notices to creditors and clients regarding the status of the client’s insolvency filing
- Liaise with the Banking, Consumer Proposal, and Bankruptcy teams as required to request the processing of dividend cheques, to discuss on-going files, and to complete the administration of files
- Maintain multiple inboxes within Outlook, responding to and/or re-directing inquiries and uploading documents to File Assure
- Participating in ongoing training to improve technical knowledge
- Work together with colleagues to help assist the client
- Efficiently respond to creditor inquiries relating to the status of an estate
- Answering questions directly or indirectly pertaining to estate
- Occasionally: arranging the closed files in the Archives as per the retention schedule
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- No minimum years of experience required
- Ability to prioritize tasks, monitor workflow and maintain organized and accurate records
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify solutions when various challenges arise
- High-level attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, with the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel etc.), as well as Adobe Acrobat. Previous experience with Fox-It, OneDrive, Sharepoint and/or Microsoft Dynamics considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members, as well as third-parties
- Good interpersonal skills with a team-player mindset
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.