One of Canada's oldest and most respected debt solutions providers. We help people and businesses get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives and businesses again. We also provide tax dispute resolution, through our team of tax lawyers and ex-CRA advisors. Established in 1979, Farber has over 250 employees in over 94 offices across Eastern and Western Canada, having helped over 100,000 Canadians get out of debt and solve their tax disputes.
And now we're embarking on our next stage of significant growth. To do that, we need experienced, energized, and agile team members to play critical roles in helping us reach our ambitious goals so we can better serve Canadians in need.
We are currently seeking a Client Care Specialist to join our team at our North York Office. In this role, the ideal candidate will work with our clients to understand their financial needs and help them build a payment plan based on individual circumstances and consumer proposal terms.
- Communicate via email, phone call and SMS with clients to answer questions related to their consumer proposal payment status.
- Empathetically understand a client’s financial situation and individual needs and build a payment plan that is suitable for them and will assist them in completing their proposals successfully.
- Thoroughly analyze each file, based on individual consumer proposal terms, to ensure the client is up to date with their payments to avoid cancellation.
- Clearly document all client interactions.
- Set up banking agreements and other methods of payment within our firm database.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure efficient and diligent administration of the consumer proposals.
- Post-secondary education or related equivalent experience.
- Previous insolvency administration and/or customer service experience is preferred but not a requirement.
- Natural ability to recognize and speak to the client’s emotional state.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to speak effectively with clients and other stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, and effective time management skills.
- High computer literacy including the ability to learn new programs.
- Great interpersonal skills to deal with team members, staff, and clients.
- A team player who can also work independently and take ownership of their workload.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.