Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital and consulting.
With offices in Eastern and Western Canada, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better together.™
Reporting directly to the Vice President - Area Practice Leader
of Eastern Canada, the Regional Practice Leader will play a vital strategic role within the firm. In this role you will be responsible for the success of the area of responsibility they are assigned by the Vice President – Area Practice Leader. This will mean being responsible in achieving assigned budgeted targets by working with the area Debt Solution Managers and Business Development leads to generate new business. The Regional Practice Leader will work with the team to deliver outstanding client experiences, identify and engage new lead sources, develop the abilities and performance of their teams, and provide insights to the leadership team on process and efficiency improvement opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work with their Vice President on planning, monitoring, and implementing change to evolve the team’s capabilities.
- Lead by example and serve as a role model, set and maintain high ethical standards.
- Work with the Vice President to develop the team. Engage in consistent and effective one-on-ones, individual development plans, ensuring clarity of roles and goals.
- Ensure the profitability of the region against pre-defined budgets and targets.
- Understand the markets Farber operates in and assist the Vice President in developing and refining the long, medium and short-term strategies to drive the success of the area.
- Work with the Vice president and the team to create a superior client experience by having team members engage, listen and understand the needs of potential clients; demonstrating compassion and empathy toward the client to be able to hear their story and help.
- Ensure that the Farber brand promise is delivered by each team member by knowing and implementing your business objectives, strategies, and ensuring ongoing performance of each team member.
- Oversee and participate in local new business development and establish site by site strategies to meet goals within the region.
- Maintain frequent visibility and provide leadership to each team member to ensure best practices are occurring.
- Oversee change management and implementation of adjustments to client experience, programs and operational procedures.
- Measure and coach to key KPI’s including closing ratio, and pipeline management.
- Ability to lead employees and be responsible for their mentorship, development improve employee engagement and overall performance.
- A self-starter who is able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required.
- Able to set and meet annual budgeted targets.
- Extensive experience in pipeline management through CRM systems.
- Extensive experience in managing lead conversion/sales optimization programs.
- Ability to empathize with the client’s situation while offering professional advice with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Strong financial analytical skills, including the use of Excel and other software and applications.
- Interpersonal skills that facilitate positive outcomes and business promotional efforts.
Education and Experience
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Extensive experience in Insolvency or Front-Line Management/Client Experience roles.
- A Licensed Insolvency Trustee with a field leadership background or a bachelor’s degree in Business Operations, Sales leadership or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in Insolvency Services, financial services or relevant experience that has a focus on remote management, client services, insolvent services or Sales leadership
To ensure we attract and retain top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits which we continually review and update to meet the evolving needs of our people.
As a part of our team, you will receive:
- hybrid work arrangements
- vacation days based on experience and years of service
- wellness days
- extended health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- employee contributed retirement savings plan option
- financial support for professional development
- employee Assistance Program and mental health resources
- exclusive access to perks and discounts
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity
At Farber, we’re in the business of helping people—and this ethos extends not only to our clients, but to our employees, partners, and the communities in which we work. Behind IDEA is our commitment to take action and to deliver an inclusive, diverse, and equitable experience for everyone. Our commitment also shapes our corporate culture and hiring practices.
Farber encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the diversity of Canada.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- if you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process—including alternate interview formats, accessible materials, or any other accommodations—we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.